We have had so much fun this summer. It's nice to know that we are only half way through it. So even though I know I have already forgotten most of what we have done, I figured I would brain dump what I do remember before it goes too.
- Lilly graduated Pre-School. It's sort of bitter sweet. It's fun to watch her grow up and get to experience new things. She really does get cuter and sweeter by the day. But it's hard for me to move on and let go. It has taken me the past 3 months to try and convince her that she will in fact love Kindergarten even though she will have a new teacher and make new friends.
- Noah turned 3 in all his three year old glory ways. We celebrated with Family and then I took him and Lilly to the germ fest known as Chuck-E-Cheese to celebrate. He had a wonderful time.
- We pack a picnic lunch and some blankets and traveled a couple hours down to Manti, Utah for the LDS Manti Pageant. It's a yearly tradition for my family ever since I was little. It's something we look forward to and love doing. We go a bit early and eat dinner then head over to the Temple grounds to get seats. Then when the sun goes down we watch the outdoor play about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. It moves me every time. This year, and maybe it's due to all the pregnancy hormones, I did in fact get teary-eyed.
- We've taken the kids to the local amusement park, Lagoon. We've floated down the lazy river, rode crazy rides (well the kids have, me and my baby belly don't get to do much) and got very hot and dirty.
- Shane's family came to visit. We had a BBQ, visited and spent some well over due quality time chatting it up. (They live about 3 hours away but we don't see each other nearly enough)
- I've had an ultrasound and a fetal echo to check on Baby Alice's development. She's doing good and yet I continue to freak out. She is making her presence known every day now with her kicks and summersaults. Shane has felt her move and even Lilly got to feel a kick or two.
- The 4th of July (my favorite holiday) was awesome! We got up early and went to the parade. Lilly had a blast but it was too much noise and stimulation for Noah. He spent the entire time on my lap, hiding his eyes, and plugging his ears. Then we went swimming at my grandparents and had a family BBQ. It was fun to visit with everyone and the pool was super clean and the water perfect. Then we went to Fireworks. Unfortunately the family didn't get to be together and my parents didn't get to watch with us (they went with my Brother and his family) but two of my sisters came with us. We chatted and played around. Then when the fireworks started Noah got scared and spent the entire time plugging his ears and hiding under a blanket. Lilly made it about 1/2 way through before falling asleep. The next day we went to dinner at my parents and then set off our own fireworks. That was fun. Since they live up on the bench of the mountain we also got to watch all the fireworks across the valley. When we lit the plain little snakes on fire and it started to grow Lilly exclaimed, "Whoa! I didn't see that coming!"
- We took the kids to see the Shrek movie that came out. It was cute and they had a great time.
- We've played out in the sun; jumping on the tramp and splashing in the pool.
- We went to a friends house to swim and had many play dates.
- Shane ripped out the broken and unsafe hot tub that has been rotting in our deck since we moved in. Now we have a nice big ghetto hole.
- Our car didn't pass emissions and it was a huge pain trying to get it fixed and registered.
- Someone hacked my iTunes account (the massive hack has been all over the news) and stole my money resulting in canceled cards and no funds).
- Shane went on Trek with the youth in our church. He got rained on, hailed on, and snow on while sleeping on the ground with no shelter. But he had a great time.
- Noah had his three year heart transplant anniversary.
Be A Hero. Be An Organ Donor.