- I wish I had a better relationship with my sisters. I've really enjoyed getting to know Jen and Nancy better. I wish I had the same opportunity to do that with Sheena, Maegan and Sherece.
- I'm already planning my Christmas gift from Shane. I want a new digital camera that has more megapixels and even shake control (do they make one with that?)
- Walking back from clinic this morning I smelled a very summer smell that reminded me of home. I had to think for a moment on what it was.... it was fertilizer.
- This is going to be a fun week. Shane gets to stay until Monday night and then my Parents come Thursday night. I'm so excited.
- Why can't the "Terrible Two's" be renamed the "Terrific Two's"?
- Do I dare potty train in the one room RMH and risk a smelly accident on this floor? Or do I wait until I get home and ruin my own carpet? (I feel guilty even thinking this.)
- WHY CAN'T THE 7-11 HAVE COKE SLURPEES?!?!?!?!?!?!
- Missing dinner again.... yet I still can't fit into my pre-pregnancy pants. What gives?
- I want to re-read the last Harry Potter book. But I'll wait until after my family leaves and I'm lonely again.
- I just learned one family has been here at the RMH for 5 years. Seriously...... 5 years.... I can never complain again.
- House is on tomorrow, Yes!
- Village Bakery.... yum....
- For breakfast today I had a blueberry pancake, 2 scrambled eggs with cheese, and 4 slices of bacon, and a Dr.pepper...... oh, now I have the answer to #8.
Thursday, August 30, 2007
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Monday, August 27, 2007
- Who was your best friend? My best Friend through out High School was Joe. Jill was on and off and Emily when I finally had the privilege of meeting her *LOVE you M!*
- Did you play any sports? Nope, I didn't. But I did love wrestling and was a wrestling manager all 3 years. I was also in love with most of the Baseball team. Does that count?
- What kind of car did you drive? I drove an old gold Dihatsu Charade. Until my Senior year when I bought my Silver Rodeo (which I loved!)
- It’s Friday night. Where were you? At the Drive in with The Crew.
- Were you a party animal? Nope. But we had lots of fun anyways.
- Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so. Since Joe was my best friend everyone though we were dating.... Do I need to say more?
- Were you in the band, orchestra or choir? Since I loved Band in Jr High I signed up in High School. But band at our school SUCKED. All we ever did was practice songs for the football games. I wanted to play REAL music so I dropped out after one semester.
- Were you a nerd? I wouldn't say that, but I would say that I was too self conscious to be very outgoing. But I did have lots of friends so looking back it didn't matter.
- Were you ever suspended or expelled? Nope. But we did have to spend an evening being "Interrogated" because we were caught on the roof of the building during it's grand opening. (We switched to a new school toward the end of our Sophomore year.)
- Can you sing the fight song? Most of it. But I'm not even sure where I learned it.
- Who was your favorite teacher? My two favorites were Babo and Mousaw.
- What was your favorite subject? I loved Video Production (I was the school news anchor every morning), Photography, ASL, and Auto Cad (beginning architecture).
- What was your school mascot? Beetdigger
- Did you go to the Prom? Yep. I also went to Alta's and Taylorsville's.
- If you could go back, would you? If it was only for a week and I knew then what I know now. Otherwise, not on your life.
- What do you remember most about graduation? That I hadn't been to school in 6 months since I graduated early. I had to stand in line next to people I didn't know which sucked but it was awesome to see all my friends again.
- Where were you on Senior Skip Day? I'm not sure if we had one. We might have but maybe I wasn't there for it.
- Did you have a job your senior year? Only after I graduated. I went to work at a Bank. (That was awesome! I finally went out on lots of dates!!)
- Where did you go most often for lunch? At the old school we went to Jim's Diner across the street (I have one of the best memories of Joe there) until a roach nearly crawled over my hand one day. At the new school, we went to Blimpies a lot.
- One of your favorite memories of High School? Skipping Outdoor Clothing and going to breakfast with my friend Marc and convincing Joe to skip Seminary so we could have a long lunch (and then having our teacher blame him and say he was a bad influence on me... I still laugh at that.) Note: I still graduated with honors after all that skipping.
- Have you gained weight since then? Two babies later? Uh.. yah.
- What did you do after graduation? Went to work at the Bank and started living it up. :D
- What year did you graduate? Class of 98 but I graduated in 97.
- Who was your Senior Prom Date? Joe. I just adore him!
- Are you going/did you go to your 10 year reunion? Now, I think I would. If we have one. The Student Body Officers were not the most motivated people in the world. I don't think we even had a 5 year.
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Today is my Sister Nancy's Birthday! She is a wonderful woman, wife, mother, and sister. She is wonderful to my brother Dallas and is doing a great job raising their micro-preemie son, Tyler. She is such an example to me and I am SO thankful for her and the support she gives me. I wish we all lived closer and could see each other more often but my thoughts are always with them.
Nancy- Thank you so much for the incredible love and support you have given me since Noah was born. It has been a huge comfort to me to know you are there and that I can talk with you. It sucks that you understand what I am going through but it does help to not have to go it alone. I am thankful you are my sister.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
This past week hasn't been very eventful. Just busy.
- Monday- I had to be to our 2nd clinic visit since Noah was released this time. That means we have to be to the lab before 730am and then go up to clinic for the regular routine. Everything went well. Came back to the RMH, napped, ate, played and watched Little Mermaid (which Lilly now loves and calls MayMaid). This was also Bingo night but we had to skip it since Noah was out of control.
- Tuesday- I honestly have no recollection of what I did on Tuesday. Thats how lame I am these days.... As I was writing Thursdays update I remembered what I did Tuesday. I was a zombie because Noah had cried non-stop since Monday afternoon. Finally around 6pm Allison said I could give him Benadryl. So I actually got to sleep a little thats why I had the mental awareness to even drive myself shopping the next day.
- Wednesday- This was the big super shopper day and Noah's first PT outpatient appointment. Tonight was another Bingo night and we had a blast. Normally you would think it was kinda lame. But turns out, it's the highlight of our week!
- Thursday- Another Clinic appointment. Noah had been grunting and unhappy all night even with Benedryl and turning up his O2. When we went to clinic he was swollen and I was worried. Everything turned out ok but we decided to do stool samples to figure out where all this diareah is coming from and why we can't get his bum to heal. That afternoon I went back to the Hospital to drop off said sample and ran into one of his cardiologist. I explained that he was STILL unhappy and was finally able to get a numbing cream for his bum. He's been much better since.
- Friday- *come on, what did I do yesterday?...... Oh, Noah had his first OT (feeding) outpatient therapy. He did well. He actually ate 35 mls from the bottle in the morning, then wouldn't eat any at therapy or the rest of the day. I also strolled around the hospital trying to get supplies and secure the rental of the grant pump so I don't have to rent one (they are around $60 a month, which I can NOT afford). Today was also my Dad's Birthday. Happy Birthday Dad!
- Saturday- Today was the Starlight Childrens Foundation back to school Bingo party. The place was packed and Lilly was a turd. We woke her up after only an hour nap so we could go because I thought she would have fun. Turns out it was just more work for me and we should have all just slept. Owell. Noah made progress today, he nursed 10 mins each side for the first time. I've gotten him to do a few moments here and there but never anything substantial. So this was wonderful. Although, he still acts like his tummy is bothering him. I hope we get some answers from his Poop Samples.
- Tomorrow- The plan is to go to church and then continue to try and organize all these med supplies before my next shipment comes on Monday. We also begin the week of Shane's visit. We are counting the days from the moment he leaves.
Other accomplishments this week: Lilly refuses to sleep in her pack n play now. And all she wants to do is give kisses and play in my bed, plus she wakes up way too early. So we put up the roll out bed that Jen uses when Shane is here and stuck it in the corner of the room around the wall. (It blocks the bathroom so after bed time we have to use the public bathroom but owell) Then, I cut out the pictures of Winnie the Poo that was on the birthday sack that Grandma Brown gave her and put them on the wall by the bed. (She has Poo on the walls in her bedroom). And that was where she slept, all night long, all by herself, without falling off, last night. Score One for Mommy!!! It worked for today's nap also. So lets cross our fingers for tonight.
For more Weekend Reflections visit Judi.
Friday, August 24, 2007
- How to turn a trial into a blessing: Yes Dad, you taught me this. I distinctly remember walking into Target with you one day after my car accident. You told me that I needed to take that experience and try to learn something from it. That I could let it break me or I could let it make me a better person. I never forgot Dad.
- How to truly have Faith in the Atonement: I've learned about repentance all growing up. Experienced it on a daily basis. But you helped me understand that Christ not only suffered so we could be forgiven of our sins but also to compensate for the bad things that happen to us (since he paid other's debts as well). This really helped me after I had Lilly and began having Post-Partum Anxiety. I obsessed and worried every day over all the bad things that could happen to her. How would I ever protect this new baby who would eventually grow up and need me to keep her safe. You told me that all we can do is the best we can. Then we have to trust in the Lord. I still remember.
- Humility: While I still may be working on this one, you have set a wonderful example for me. I remember being very young and you sitting down with Dallas and I and explaining how you recently did something you were ashamed of and wanted us to know that you were sorry and knew it was wrong and you were going to make it right and repent. I won't say what it was as to not embarrass you, but I still remember. Want to know what I learned that day? That we all make mistakes and you can still be someones hero when you do. You are still my Hero, Dad.
- The value of hard work: Remember Saturday chores? Well, the Chickens and the Hens don't feed themselves. I try very hard to always work hard and do my very best. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right and I always try.
- You helped me gain a testimony of the Gospel: I have been healed by many Priesthood Blessings. I have been comforted and guided by many Father's Blessings. I have seen what living the Gospel can do in a person's life. I wouldn't have any of that or the Testimony that I have if it wasn't for you and the righteous life you have lived and that you have always been worthy of the Priesthood you carry. I am still grateful.
Dad, there are no words that can express my love for you. I still cherish the memories of our Daddy/Daughter Dates, of hanging on to you for dear life on the lake. Knowing you wouldn't let me drown. You never have, Dad. You have always been there for me and I am strengthened by you and the example you have set. Looking back, I am thankful for every lesson you ever taught me (even if it was hard at the time). I am a better person because of you. All I have ever wanted was to make you proud. I love you very much and I hope you never doubt it.
Happy Birthday Daddy!
Love, Crys (Always Daddy's Little Girl)
Thursday, August 23, 2007
So, I'm posting this late. But what are you going to do about it? ;)
- My Husband - I love him more than any woman has ever loved a man in the history of the world.
- My Babies - Nothing brings me more joy than my children.
- My Family - I'm so grateful for Eternal Families.
- Music - I love all kinds of music. Its a wonderful form of expression. I enjoy listening to it, playing it (on the flute and the piano), and singing it.
- Singing - I miss taking voice lessons. I just LOVE to sing.
- Astronomy - If I ever have an extra $10,000 laying around, I'm buying a telescope. *I even subscribe to Astronomy Magazine.*
- Photography - I have loved it ever since I took it in High School and College. Developing pictures in the dark room is relaxing.
- All things Science - I love science. What more can I say?
- ASL (American Sign Language) - You know you love it when you actually think in sign instead of English. (Yes, it does happen when you have been signing a lot.)
- Coke Slurpees - Can a person ever really have enough?
- Poetry - I've been known to write some occasionally. I'll have to post one on here sometime. I would love to have it bonded into a book.
- Blogging - It really has been a good past time for me since I came to Denver.
- Boating - Some of my most cherished childhood memories are of my family, cousins, and grandparents going boating during the summer. I would love to own a boat one day so my kids can make those same memories.
- And for good luck... My friends - Good friends enrich life. (you know who you are ;) )
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Then, after that, I realized I had spilled my soda all down the front of my shirt. (It's really upsetting when the fast food joints don't wipe off the overflow before they give you your drink). And I couldn't go to his Dr appointment with Dr. Pepper all down my white shirt (still stewing obviously). So, I walked next door and bought two new shirts from the Gap (but I didn't even spend a dime because I still had the free GC that we got from work. They are good at the Gap and Old Navy. I just normally use them at ON because its cheaper and you can get more. But the nearest ON was over an Hour a way.)
But... I must admit, I did spend money on something for me. It hurts me to even say it. I even had to call Shane and fess up cause I felt so bad... I know, your wondering what it was. Well.... click HERE to find out what it is. Now, I will tell you what I told Shane on this one too. I REALLY needed it. Things are just never the same post-pregnancy and I needed something that made me feel... (do I dare say it?).... sexy.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
- My Babies
- My Husband
- The smell of Russian Olive Tree's in the Spring
- Canyon Breezes
- Lake Powel
- ASL (American Sign Language)
- Camp Fires (In the Canyons with my Family)
- Being in a hot tub when its raining or snowing
- Bathroom windows (so I can stand in the hot water and have the cold winter air come in)
- Coke Slurpees
For more Tuesday Tens click Here.
I'll do better, I promise. :)
Saturday, August 18, 2007
My sister, Nancy, tagged me for a meme... so here goes:
Jobs I have held:
- Jobs I have held: My first job was working (under age and under the table) as a fill in temp at a grocery store. Sometimes I would be a bagger, sometimes I would work in the Chinese Kitchen, and once I even decorated Easter Eggs with names for Easter.
- I worked for a short time at a very small Telemarketing office asking for Volunteers for the Easter Seals Foundation.
- I worked as a cashier at Roberts Arts and Crafts.
- I worked for about 3 weeks at Boston Market (then got into my car accident and was unable to work).
- After High School, I worked at First Security Bank for just over 3 years.
- I was the Office Manager for a local Garden Center.
- I've been with Sprint since 2000.
Movies I can watch over and over:
- The Notebook
- The Italian Job
- How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days.
- Taladega Nights
Shows I Enjoy:
- Grey's Anatomy
- CSI (all 3, although Miami has gotten kinda hokey)
- The Office
- The Closer
Places I have been on vacation:
- Newport Beach is one of my Favorites!
- Palm Desert (Palm Desert and Newport are all one vacation and I LOVE it there)
- Las Vegas
- Park City
- Nashville, TN
- Orlando, FL
- Mazatlan, Mexico
- St. George
Body Parts I have injured:
- I have 9 toes on my foot that was road rashed during my car accident.
- I have metal plates in my head from my Subdural Hematoma head injury (car accident)
- Broken Collar Bone (car accident)
- I've re injured my bad foot several times. Stress fractures from trying to wear inclined shoes, falling down the stair (6 weeks before my wedding and I was on crutches the entire time)
- I've broken my nose 3 times.
- I think I currently have a stress fractured hand.
- Plus, I have had 2 babies... that injures LOTS of things. ;)
- Italian Food
- Village Bakery
- Cheese Cake (plain)
- Ice cream
Top Websites I visit:
- Lots of blogs right now (I've become addicted). I'll try and name a few but I'm finding more with every surf: Nancy, Dallas, My sister Jen, Mur, Brook, GusGang, Jenny Upthe Hill, Baby Beckham (who got a new heart!!!), Tammy, Nicky, Judi.
- MaryKay Intouch
Places I have lived:
- Utah (West Jordan, Sandy, Murray, SLC)
- Boise, Idaho
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- Denver, Colorado (Does this count?)
People I am tagging for this MeMe: note: Nancy tagged most of you and I don't know if anyone reads this to even bother tagging but just in case...
- "Insert your name here"
Write me a comment when you post yours and I'll come check it out.
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Noah, 10 minutes after his heart transplant surgery when he wasn't even one month old.
For more Wordless Wednesdays click Here.
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
- Noah's Adventure - The story of my precious miracle and the gift of a new heart.
- Our Baby Beckham - The story of Beckham's wait for a new heart.
- Gus Gang - A WONDERFUL support group for the families of sick children.
- Mom to a Micro Preemie - My Sisters blog. Very honest and wonderful posts.
- Meet the Barkers - My Cousins blog. Very cute and WONDERFUL pictures.
- Jenny-Up-The-Hill - I LOVE this blog. So random and wonderful. I laugh every time I read it.
- Jenny Jingles - My Sister is new to the Blogging scene. But she is one HONEST girl.
- Mary Kay - My Mary Kay website. A little self promotion never hurts. Plus I offer Free Shipping and Gift with Purchase. :)
- Barker Adventures - A Mom's view of her family and world. A fun read.
- Babycenter - I love this website. I buy stuff from their store all the time and I like the updates.
For more Tuesday Tens click Here.
Sunday, August 12, 2007
Saturday, August 11, 2007
- Sunday: Instead of going straight to the hospital like I normally do, we (Shane was still here) went to Church. It was a wonderful meeting and I found the strength to share my testimony. With my social anxiety I haven't had the courage to stand up in a long time. But I am so full of gratitude that I had to share it. Unfortunately, when we finally got to the hospital, I found out that my friend Sharon's baby girl Onyx had passed away that morning. I was heart broken. My heart still aches for her.... Sunday night I took Shane to the airport to go back home.
- Monday: Noah continued to have chest tube and lung issues.
- Tuesday: Was Noah's one month transplant anniversary!!
- Wednesday: Noah moved OUT of the ICU.
- Thursday: Not much different. This day was the same as every other day.
- Friday: I got to watch TV for the FIRST time in 2 months (I haven't been able to since Noah was born). But I made sure Lilly was in bed on time and all the night time prep was completed, I turned OFF the computer so I wouldn't get distracted, I pulled a chair up close to the TV (since it has to be super quiet so Lilly doesn't wake up) and I watched a FULL episode of House!!! I LOVE that show and it was even an episode I haven't seen. I had just gotten into this show right before Noah was born so I haven't seen most of them. While I watched, I filed my nails and it was SO NICE!!
- Saturday: Today I got to spend the afternoon with Noah while Lilly slept. We played and talked and sang and changed about 10 poopy diapers (ok not really, it was more like 4). It was wonderful! He smiled at me several times and looked at me like he finally knew I was his mommy. It was amazing.
Thursday, August 09, 2007
Thirteen things on my mind right now...
1. I can't believe my nails (my actual natural nails) are too long. I hope I don't spend my whole night blogging like last night so I can trim them before bed.
2. I would really love to have some of that yummy ice cream in the freezer but I won't because I am trying REALLY hard to fit into my pre-pregnancy pants and I'm almost there. Then I wouldn't mind going down a size or 4.
3. I'm wondering how my friend Sharon is holding up. I bought her an Onyx necklace in memory of her little princess. I hope it doesn't take too long to get here.
4. I'm still concerned about Lilly not eating. But she did do slightly better today. Maybe this is a good sign
5. My friends here at the RMH that are from Salt Lake and post transplant get to go home on Monday. I'm happy for them but sad too because they've become familiar faces here in a house of strangers.
6. I really hope my parents come to visit soon. They haven't gotten to see Noah but once or twice and never got to hold him.
7. I hope Noah's not crying right now.
8. I hope his nurse is sweet to him and pays a lot of attention to him now that he's out of the ICU.
9. I wonder how long I should wait to ask for a G tube if he continues to have feeding issues.
10. My feet are really dry.
11. I wish I had cut my hair shorter. Next time I go back I will.
12. I'm quite upset the local 7-11 only has Pepsi Slurpee's and not coke ones. Seriously? Who do they think they are?!?!?!?
13. I wonder where Shane is and what he's doing and if he knows how desperately In Love with him I am.
Check out the Thursday Thirteen Website Here.
Wednesday, August 08, 2007
Tuesday, August 07, 2007
Thanks to Annie for hosting.
It's an eBook so I can start reading tonight but I think I will wait for tomorrow. I'll let you know if it works. Chances are I'll read it and the advice will be Lilly's just not ready yet. Sometime she tells me she has poo and sometimes I can tell she is going but she never tells me before or after each time. I've even had her sit on the toilet and she never goes. But then she gets off walks two feet and pees on the floor. So chances are she's not ready. But hey, maybe it will work. Won't know unless I try.
If you have any advice on potty training, let me know. I'll give it a shot too.
I've been giving her Carnation Instant Breakfast (similar to Pediasure but tastes better) in the morning and before bed. She drinks some, but not all. So at least she's getting some sort of calories. I've also been giving her a vitamin. But I am at a complete loss on the rest.
I ran into the Occupational Therapist who has been working with Noah's oral aversions and feeding issues. I asked her if I could bring Lilly to her since my Pediatrician has already written a referral for Lilly to go to a OT for her feeding issues. She's going to check into it and let me know tomorrow.
But if anyone has any suggestions or advice, I am all ears. I just feel so bad when she goes all day without eating anything. I don't want to be a bad mom and starve my child. I am willing to try anything!!
Today at lunch Jen was telling me about a conversation she had while eating at the Paris Buffet in Vegas while on vacation. She said that the waitress kept making comments on how pretty my sister Maegan is. Maegan figured she was only saying it because she must have thought she was of her ethnicity. My Dad agreed saying she did look a little Cambodian. Jennifer laughed. Maegan said to her she was only laughing because she had no idea what that was. Jennifer replied, "Yes I do. Angelina Jolie adopted her first son from Cambodia!"
For those of you who don't know my sister Jennifer, she is addicted to anything Hollywood. She loved Paris Hilton and hates Lindsey Lohan. She's all about Hot Topic and trying to be Goth without looking Emu. Although she will admit that she understands why some might think she was. If this isn't making any sense to you, your not alone. I finally realized I was no longer "hip" when half of the things Jen says make no sense to me.
But Jen is an angel! She is one of the most selfless people I have ever met. She has been given a rough road to travel in her life and yet she has handled it with innocence and humor and I am amazed at her strength. She is an example to me and I love her very much. I am so thankful for her. I wish you all could get to know her better. She does have a myspace but it's private so I won't bother linking it. (I titled this post Jenny Jingles because that's her name on myspace).
I love you Jennifer!! Thank you for making such a tremendous sacrifice to be here with me and help me with Lilly. I will never be able to repay such a wonderful gift. I feel honored to be your sister and I couldn't love you more.
So we decided to go to the Urgent Care and make sure everything was ok. What a waste of time.
Jennifer doesn't have any ear infections and the Dr had no idea what was wrong. Just told her to try and stay hydrated.
Lilly didn't have an ear infection so we had to check her urine to see about a UTI. They tried twice to cath her but she wasn't having it. I had to try and hold her down while she screamed and cried and wiggled. I finally said enough is enough and told them to stop. All of that and still no answers. I hoped they would just give her an antibiotic since she has Kidney Reflux but they wouldn't. Like I said... what a waste of time.
So, hopefully Jen feels better soon. And hopefully Lilly will start to eat again. But I've decided that the time for potty training is NOW! Then she could just pee in a cup and we can avoid the whole cath option. Plus, when she tries to use a wipe to clean herself while changing her diaper, it's time to use a toilet. So if anyone had any advice on how to start potty training, I'm all ears. I might also buy a how to book online. There is one called "How to potty train in 3 days" and it has good reviews. So if I get it, I'll let you know if its worth it.
One last thing: I need to give a shout out to my friend Jen. WILL YOU HAVE THAT BABY ALREADY?!?!?!
Jen is about ready to pop and is insanely uncomfortable. Which I totally understand. I am so sad I won't be there to help with Kya and to meet Mr. T. So please send me tons of pictures and good luck!! I hope the Epi leads to a painless delivery.
I told you!! He is just the most wonderful Man in the world. I am so thankful I have him in my life and even more thankful for the blessing of eternal families and that we get to be together for eternity.
Jennifer watched Lilly Friday night so Shane and I could go out on a date. It was a lot of fun. We went to the Cheese Cake Factory. YUM!! Then we walked down the 16th Street Mall. Most of the stores were already closed but they had some live music and it was fun to just be outside and spending time together.
Now he's back home in Salt Lake and I am counting the seconds until he gets to come back. My heart aches when he's away. But I am going to buy his tickets tonight so that will give me something to look forward to. And maybe just maybe, Noah will be out of the hospital when he comes.
Thursday, August 02, 2007